The event was a great success with a whopping attendance of >220 and a great line-up of speakers, plus me :-) . Overall, the event went smoothly, and I heard lots of positive comments from speakers and attendees, including a follow-up email from someone that drove from Atlanta saying that the 300 miles she drove each way were well worth it!
Things that went well:
- Attendance. 350 people registered and 220 actually showed up. That is +60%, which seems to be the norm for this type of event.
- Speakers. Both, number and quality were high.
- Sponsorship. Although, some of them signed up late in the game, their support was key for the success of the event.
- Speaker’s evaluations. We did not provided them, and with that we gave away the opportunity to get valuable feedback.
- Other logistics. Given we were at a Microsoft campus, some of their internal security protocols got on the way. Car registration forms and the fact that some of the sessions were in rooms that required MSFT employee to use their badges to open the door caused some minor delays. Of course, it is fair to say there were a good number of MSFT folks always around to help out.
Finally, big thanks to all sponsors for their support and to the rest of the organizer team!